HOW TO INCORPORATE VITAMIN C AND RETINOL INTO YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE
Vitamin C and retinol. These are two of the most highly recommended ingredients by dermatologists and skincare experts.
Why? Because, when used correctly, and in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle and a tailored skincare routine, both ingredients have been shown to produce amazing results for your skin.
Some of the many benefits of vitamin C and retinol, include:
- Aids in your skin’s natural regeneration process to help repair damaged skin cells
- Helps fight off free radicals including pollution, UV damage, dust, and cigarette smoke.
- Accelerates the production of collagen and elastin to help keep the skin plump and firm.
- Help prevent the formation of dark spots and hyperpigmentation
- Regulates oily skin and works to minimise the risk of breakouts
- Helps smoothen existing lines and reduce the appearance of wrinkles
- Even out complexion levels by reducing the appearance of dark spots, sun spots, and hyperpigmentation.
- Brightens dull skin by exfoliating it at a cellular level, resulting in brighter and more youthful looking skin.
As you can see, these two powerhouse ingredients have quite a bit of overlap in terms of benefits.
HOW TO PROPERLY USE VITAMIN C AND RETINOL
In the morning, first apply vitamin C to a cleansed face, followed by a moisturiser and a gentle layer of SPF over the top. Then, in the evening, apply retinol to a cleansed face before applying a regenerating night cream.
CONSULT AN EXPERT SKIN THERAPIST
Just like investing in any skincare products, it’s important to choose products that complement your skin type, and are unlikely to clash with the products you already use.
If you’re unsure which products are right for you, consult your skin therapist for advice.
By performing a thorough assessment of your skin type, they will take into account the following:
- Medical history – Does you have a history of any medical conditions, rosacea, redness, asthma, eczema, psoriasis, or anything else? If so, they may be associated with different skin concerns you have.
- Lifestyle – Regular exercise and a healthy diet can help contribute to healthier, more vibrant looking skin. Your skin therapist can recommend ways to adopt healthier lifestyle habits.
- Current skincare routine – By learning about your current skincare routine, including the products you use and the frequency of use, your skin therapist can prepare a tailored plan for you.
From there, your skin therapist will develop a custom treatment plan designed to address the skin’s individual needs.
They may recommend one or more clinical treatments, and give you a personalised prescription made up of the essential treatments and ingredients you need to achieve your desired results.
Most importantly? You will receive the necessary guidance and support you need to achieve healthier, softer, and smoother skin for the long-term.
Contact Lush Skin & Laser Clinic to book a skin consultation and analysis today.